Sunday, January 13, 2013

WE'RE BACK!

Hello?  Are you still there?  Does anyone still check this thing?!

So, our computer crashed about five months ago.  Totally gone.  Everything- pictures, videos, documents- All gone.  Did I have stuff backed up?  No.

Big mistake!  BIG.  HUGE!  Name the movie.......

Back up your stuff people!

Long story short, we paid lots of mulah to send our hard drive off to data recovery to get what they could from it.  The results of the recovery were pretty good although I haven't seen everything.  We made it almost half the year without a computer and just couldn't take it any longer.  We ended up with a new mac mini.  I know I'll love it eventually but we're still getting used to it.

Ok, so I have obviously tons of catching up to do on this blog but first I need your opinion. (Seriously, leave a comment!  I really want to know what you think we should do!)

Here is the deal: John has officially signed up and begun his training for an IronMan, yes an IronMan!  That's 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and 26.2 mile run.  He's crazy, I know.  And I have finally, and I really mean it this time, found what I really believe I've found my true passion in life (aside from being a wife and mother of course)....fitness.  I've been teaching at the local YMCA's for almost two years and I'm just around the corner from getting my personal training certification. Both of us have really gotten serious about our workout and diets and think it would be fun and interesting to "document" our journey.

So here is the million dollar question for you: Should we include our diet and training stuff in our family blog- the daily brees or split it up into two different blogs?  I'm kinda leaning towards two different blogs because I'd rather not share our family stuff especially pictures of the kids if this fitness stuff draws in strangers. But can we really keep up two blogs?  Would people want to read two blogs about us?  I mean I don't know if we're that exciting!   

So what do you think?

I'll leave you with a little photo we had taken this fall by Christina.H.Photography


3 comments:

  1. Hellloooo, Brees family! Welcome back to the blogging world! Now if I could just follow suit, we'd be good. :)

    Ok, so my thoughts on the blog{s}. I really think you've made good points...1. Can you keep up 2 blogs? (I think you can...it'll likely just take twice the time). 2. Do you want personal family stuff/pictures out there for the world to see? (If the answer is no, then I think you definitely have your answer. However, remember that unless you make this blog private, the more people you draw to a fitness/health blog, the more people will be interested in YOU and will start checking out your personal blog.)

    Whew. That was long and I'm not sure that I even answered your question, BUT regardless, I am SUPER pumped to follow along with your fam AND the fitness journey! We could all use a little inspiration!

    Annie -- let's do coffee sometime?!??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy! It does help- we're gonna do two! We can do it-I'll just have to give up some of my Real Housewives TV time :)

      I'm so sorry I just saw your comment about the Christmas cards. Here I was thinking...."I guess Missy didn't get my comment!" Without our computer I rarely checked our blog! So next birthday invite I need- I'm email you!

      Yes, please lets to coffee soon! Let me know what your schedule looks like!

      Delete
  2. Hey Annie! Nice to see you back. I have decided blogging is just like fitness...they both take dedication and time. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up to!

    ReplyDelete